Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hong Kong Sept 1

We decided to go sight-seeing a little earlier than planned. And we decided to try the metro. First we navigated our way through the New Town Plaza, a shopping mall that probably compares in size to Mall of America. We have quickly discovered that the people of Hong Kong LOVE to shop. After only 2 wrong turns we found the metro. It was pretty easy to figure out but the machine didn't give me my full change - lost 3 HK dollars....only about 50 cents :-)

We wandered around the harbor area, took a few pics, then went shopping....window shopping that is. Would have been easy to spend $30,000 in about 45 minutes in the boutiques. There were lines to enter the Chanel and Prada stores. We had our turn, though. After spending about 1 1/2 hrs in the queue we sat for our Afternoon Tea at The Peninsula. Very Nice and relaxing! While we were nibbling and sipping there were 3 massive rain showers, so we skipped Victoria Peak and headed back to the hotel for a nap.

Quiet evening, Premier league football, a lite dinner and packing.

Tomorrow we're in Nanchang - Amy!




10 comments:

  1. You both look really happy & I can feel the excitement of you getting closer to getting your daughter!

    BEST OF WISHES for an easy transition & can't wait to see photos of Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsi!!! Cannot believe there's only a few hours left before we meet our daughter. Very surreal :-)

      Delete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Thanks for the perfect comment, Marsi.
    Thinking of you as 2 September appraoches.
    Love from msf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ALL this is for Amy but as your sister I really want to tell you how pretty you look!!! That dress & it's color are great on you! So glad you and Josh are able to keep it together to go see such amaving places while your there! You both are just beaming!!!
    Love you
    Stac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Cathy and I want to know how the recommended reading! did you get thru it on your long plane ride! LOL!!!!
    Stac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stac. No, didn't get around to it :-) Silly girls!!

      Delete
    2. How are you? I'm not even there and thinking I will be up all night waiting for 1st PICS!@!!!!!
      I'm going to be a NEW AUNT! which I cant type w/o tears!
      Love you so much

      Delete
    3. You are missing out Kelly! ;)

      Delete
  5. it's 4:30am as I write this....Thinking of you and how close you must be. Maybe even with her. We've been thinking of all three of you all day, thinking about what time it is for you and where you are. So happy for you! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello you pair of lovelies!!! We're both SO excited for you right now. Glad you've been enjoying Hong Kong.
    It's Sunday and you must be in the company of Amy by now.....Now a trio of lovelies.
    Can't wait to hear your next update : )
    Much love, Jen and Frank xxx

    ReplyDelete