Friday, June 29, 2012

I-800

We got our approved I-800a today and now are sending out the paperwork for the I-800, which means our 11-16 week wait for travel has officially started!!!!!  I know this is very confusing to those who have not gone through this process but know you are not alone.  It's confusing to us too - lol!  Just know that this is one step closer to bringing our little Amy home!

2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable little girl. Can hardly wait to meet her.
    All this paper work ... is the I-800 related to Immigration ... when is the US going to process her naturalization papers and provide her with a Social Security number? and will you get her passport sometime just before you return to the US? ~ msf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the I-800 is part of the immigration process and a new requirement under the Hague convention. Since the adoption will be finalized in China, she should receive her naturalization papers there but I am not sure about the social security number, I wouldn't be surprised if we wait till we get home for that. She will be traveling on a passport with her Chinese name though.
      We will re-adopt her in the States (not a requiredment) so that she has a US birth certificate with her English name. At that time we will update her passport too.

      Delete